Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Luke Builds A Bear

Luke was quite helpful this week with the purchase of a couple presents for friends. This Mama that rarely gets to the mall has been there three times this week!! I am done....insert towel throwing in here!!! :) Luke has been a trooper with all these trips. Upon our second trip into Build-A-Bear, in a week, he realized that he didn't have a bear. He stated this fact & his desire to both his Papa & Mama. He said he would love it, sleep with it, and it would go everywhere with us. Both our girls have a couple of animals from this great store. We were delighted when he showed interest in getting his first stuffed animal from us. I love this stuffed animal stage. Why can't we stay here?!?! So off to Build-A-Bear, during Christmas week, for Luke's bear. I am sure this is all part of his spoiled, golden boy, "Luke-gets-everything-he-wants" complex that his sisters complain of. Oh well, let's give them something to talk about....(I started singing that song in my head)....I am back! Here are some pics from Luke's own adventure in getting his very own bear!
Luke picked a camouflage bear. How "boy" is that? I love it!
After a few trips he was well acquainted with the procedure - filling the bear, picking a heart, doing a silly heart dance before inserting the heart, and sewing bear up.  Luke was very clear that he was not going to do a silly heart dance. I clued the bear maker in, who stilled tried to make him do the silly dance. I let the bear maker come to his own conclusions after several non-responsive requests. Upon receiving his heart being sewn up, Bear needs a bath to get the fuzzes off him!

I love this stuff. Third child, umpteenth bear, and it still gets me. I love stuffed animals. Hey, I don't have a Build-A-Bear!! I would choose a monkey, with sound & all! Missy Monkey needs to retire. She has lived a full & exciting life. Okay, back to Luke first bear.  Super clean Bear ready to roll!!!!
One cute boy with his very cute bear!
I look forward to many memories with our new little critter!
Fun times!

No comments: