- "Mama, this is the BEST meal EVER!!!! Make this every night!" (For full effect, please hear that in the most demonstrative, Abshire-esque tone, at the supper table.
- "I missed you so much while I was at school."
- "I am sorry I was unkind and disrespectful. Please forgive me."
- "Next year I start school, Mama. I am gonna miss you and you are gonna miss me. You're gonna cry. I'm gonna cry and we will be okay." Wow, that one made me cry. :')
- As I tuck my almost teenager in, burrito style, my neck is grabbed and "I love you SSOOOOOO much Mama" is whispered so tenderly in my ear, I just want to hold on to that moment as long as I can.
- Today, as a sleepy son rises from his nap, he crawls into my lap, "I just want to hug you, Mama, and never let go" I'm game!!!! :)
- Tonight, as I tuck them in bed, "I love you to the moon and back..." & huge hugs from my almost teenager, like she hasn't seen me in days, after a long day at school.
So I will take the melt your heart moments when they come. I now get it when I am complaining to a grandparent that they just smile and say, "I don't remember any of that. I just remember the good stuff." I love this "good stuff"!