Thursday, February 28, 2013

Moments that melt my heart!

I don't want you confused by the title of this post. I do not want to paint some picturesque idea of life with three children and all that comes with that. Like the complaints of what I fixed for supper, or that I packed the wrong things for lunch, or maybe that I didn't get the laundry done fast enough. Because that is all well & true, and said around this home front. Those, I would like to go on the record, are NOT things that melt my heart. ;) But oh, in the moments when the very sweetest things are said and shared......I melt. Those heart melting things might include but are not limited to:

  • "Mama, this is the BEST meal EVER!!!! Make this every night!" (For full effect, please hear that in the most demonstrative, Abshire-esque tone, at the supper table. 
  • "I missed you so much while I was at school." 
  • "I am sorry I was unkind and disrespectful. Please forgive me." 
  • "Next year I start school, Mama. I am gonna miss you and you are gonna miss me. You're gonna cry. I'm gonna cry and we will be okay." Wow, that one made me cry. :') 
  • As I tuck my almost teenager in, burrito style, my neck is grabbed and "I love you SSOOOOOO much Mama" is whispered so tenderly in my ear, I just want to hold on to that moment as long as I can. 
  • Today, as a sleepy son rises from his nap, he crawls into my lap, "I just want to hug you, Mama, and never let go" I'm game!!!! :)
  • Tonight, as I tuck them in bed, "I love you to the moon and back..." & huge hugs from my almost teenager, like she hasn't seen me in days, after a long day at school.
So I will take the melt your heart moments when they come. I now get it when I am complaining to a grandparent that they just smile and say, "I don't remember any of that. I just remember the good stuff." I love this "good stuff"!