Thursday, May 29, 2008

The World of Girls

Isn't it always the case for girls, even women, we want what we don't have. I remember being young with thin, straight, & stringy hair. I envied those girls with thick curly hair. I went years getting perms ~ oh, yeah! Not to worry, perm days are long gone. I love having short hair, though I bleach and layer for thickness. Okay, the point of this blog, I cracked up at my girls this week. As we got ready for Hope's graduation they were getting their hair done (by Grandma Debbie) and came home with opposite hairdos. My curly headed Hopie came home straight haired and my straight haired Abbie came home curly. A classic case of wanting what we don't have. I chuckled to myself because I have been there myself. Contentment is a beautiful place to be ~ especially if you have been on the other side of it.
The girls looked beautiful ~ from the inside out!

No comments: