Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall 2008

The Abshires had a blast today. After church we spent the day hanging out around the house and working on our front porch decorations for the fall. As you can see from the pictures, it is a family affair. We have done these fun legs stickin' out of hay a couple of times, and learn more every time we do it. Aaron is the stinkin' genius that had us work backwards this year and it went fabulous. We all laughed and joked as we worked on this. The big joke was how big Mama's bottom looked, in the haystack, folks. Yeah, real funny ~ ha ha! Mama is a pretty good sport though! As we had supper and shared our favorite part of the day, our table was unanimous that our day together was a blast. Abbie ended with a worship song we all sang this morning at church, which is also on our hearts as the day ends:

"How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"

2 I will be glad and exult in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
Psalms 9:2 (ESV)

1 comment:

Karen said...

You are all too crazy! What a fun front porch and those poor people that are stuck in the bales of hay! "Hay," what happened to them? We miss you all and send South Dakota hugs your way!