Friday, October 10, 2008

Rock Star

I have been given a gift with "A Friend Of The Heart". The Lord has truly blessed my life with my girlfriend Keri. It is the kind of friendship that is so safe you never have to worry that you are misunderstood because she knows me inside & out. She has held a ton of positions in my life over the past 10+ years.
She has been my travel buddy (pre-children),
a birthing coach (alongside Aaron) for all three children,
my nurse during Abbie's pregnancy (IVs are NOT her specialty),
my advocate at Doctor's offices when I couldn't even sign paperwork,
my soft shoulder to cry on when the world doesn't get me,
my support when I have wanted to just give up,
my biggest cheerleader in anything I do,
my quiet support at the back of a room,
my compete opposite in so many ways (yet it just works),
my faithful friend (in spite of myself),
and soooooo much more.
I share this because it is her birthday tomorrow. It is a time to celebrate her precious birth that has been such a blessing to me. So she & I started celebrating today!!! We went out and did something that neither of us had EVER done, which is always better to do with your girlfriend. We had our toes done, "Rock Star" fashion. If this is Greek to you, you are not alone. Keri & I looked at each other like we were dropped into another world. It is this fancy gel stuff you have put on your toes. Like my wording there? Well our toes are looking awfully pretty! We both laughed and said we were probably going to run into walls cuz' we're checkin' out our toes!
We are both easily impressed!
I tie this together by being thrilled to celebrate Keri's life of 35 years (oh, did I just say that?) and her friendship. If Keri were a "Rock Star", I'd be her biggest fan!!!!
9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone?12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Eccl 4:9-12 (NLT)
That third cord in our friendship is Jesus, who is at the core of our friendship. It is our prayer that He be glorified in our lives and in our friendship, because we are nothing without Him.

Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

KDC said...

That's it! I'm calling off the friendship. You gave away my age :). I mean what kind of friend does that?!?

Ok...I still love you. Your post brought back many treasured memories. Today will be added to them and I look forward to many, many more. THANK YOU! You're the best.

Alex Aruliah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex Aruliah said...

Hey Liz, that's an awesome testimony!!
Go girls!!