Friday, January 29, 2010

Heartstrings

Luke is growing up so fast. We have so much fun hangin' out together. Don't be fooled that he isn't totally two, because he is! Nevertheless, he is quite the helper and very independent. He shows signs of excellent work ethic. We will see about that when it comes time to mow the lawn before hangin' out with his buddies or working on a car. Okay, we are so not going there yet!!!
I will take today and love it!
Today I had one of those "melt my stinkin' heart" moments. I was getting Luke out of his car seat when he grabbed my neck and pulled my ear to his lips. He whispers in my ear, "Yuv you" several times ~ UNPROMPTED! I melted right there in the driveway. I didn't want to put him down or leave that moment, it was priceless. This little man has my stinkin' heart wrapped around his little finger. BUT life needed to be conquered, so down he went to go and pull EVERY dvd out and empty the pots & pans cabinet! Never a dull minute around the Abshire home front.
PS
Being such a big helper, he knows how to
"pick it up ~ put it away".
That makes the messes & memories more enjoyable on Mama!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Liz, He is so precious! Thank you for sharing these special moments with me!