Sunday, January 17, 2010

It is branding season around here, which means lots of great rides to gather the cattle that needs to be branded. I was blessed to be able two weekends in a row. I missed one of the most beautiful pictures, because I didn't have that great small camera that my man got me for Christmas, in vest pocket! I was thrilled because the cow boss said I had graduated to harder areas of the ranch. With that graduation came more beautiful country. We had some long days but no problems ~ a close call, but no disasters. We had plenty of help, which is always a plus. I got to brand a couple of calves, which is was pretty special to me.  We all had a great time doing what we love. Afterwards we enjoyed fabulous food and a nice time of visiting.
This Amiga hasn't learn to throw a rope yet, so I am on the ground crew.
The cow boss is working on the ear markings. They have a very distinct ear marking that you can see a long way out. He is neat to watch work.
I got to brand a couple of calves.
John helped me with one & I got to do the other by myself.
As for this job, we aren't going to go there!
Happy Trails!!!!