Saturday, February 27, 2010

In For A Storm

Talk a about a day filled with sweetness & surprises,
this was that kind of day!
It started off sweet. A counter full of loved ones eating some awesome cinnamon rolls, thanks to Pioneer Woman.

So yummy! I believe I just gained a pound revisiting this post.

These were some pretty sweet boys. Luke's buddy, Elijah, stayed with us this weekend.

Then it began.......a storm blew it. I am talking about the kind of storm that blows Mary Poppins in with it, along with cold weather, clouds, lighting & thunder, high winds, torrential rains, & freezing hail. I kept looking for Mary Poppins to float on in but she was nowhere to be found. What is up with that?
It started slowly at first. The children wanted to experience the hail, which is rare for us. So we let them jump.
We were good parents, or so we will tell you that, and pulled them off the trampoline when lighting & thunder started. We aren't crazy, ya know. We enjoyed the storm from the comforts of our front porch.

Here are some of the results of this crazy storm.

Okay, forget the front yard. We looked out back.

Soooooo not cool. The next storm that blew in was hurricane Aaron. It blew for a couple hours as my amazing man pump hundreds of gallons of water out of the yard, garage, & our weight room.

I sat and watched from the comforts of my bay window. This storm needed no help out there....trust me, I asked! I bet he was wishing Mary Poppins would have floated in about this time and snapped those sweet fingers of hers. He was NOT finding the "element of fun" in his task that must be done!

So we weathered both storms and embraced the rest of the day. My man built a wonderful & peaceful fire for his family & dog.

We spent hours playing Horse-opoly! Of course Mama won! Silly girls thought I'd give up a good horse. What were they thinkin'?!

What a crazy, wacky, sweet, & peaceful day all wrapped up together.
Happy Trails!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: