Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ssssshhhhh.......It's a surprise!

If you have hung around this blog for any amount of time you know that there is an old cowboy that I (Elizabeth) am quiet fond of. Well that cowboy, Ben, turned 80 this year. I wanted to do something special for my buddy's birthday. So another buddy of mine, Steve, and I had been planning a surprise birthday party for Ben for over a year. Ben would not take kindly to the idea of throwing him a birthday party so it was a “Top Secret” operation. Yeah, you try to pull that off with a child like my Hope around. So I made sure to keep real quiet about anything having to do with the party, in hopes we could pull this thing off! I can’t believe we were able to do it, but we did. Ben thought he was attending Steve & Sara’s anniversary party. He walked up carrying his covered dish for the party. Ha! It was too funny to watch his expression as he figured out that it was his party, filled with lots of old friends & family. Family even flew in from other states to make it to this Critter’s party! We served over 100 people that evening. It was an absolute blast!

Here is a collage of pictures from that evening.


Here is a link to the entire party:
Ben's 80th

Cowboy wisdom: Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

No comments: