Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Newest Addition.....Time Will Tell

The Abshire Clan might have a new addition! No, I am NOT pregnant! There has been this cute little dog out at the stables for over a week now. He seems to have a good disposition and good natured, very friendly and good with kids. He has been under foot as I have worked with Baby Girl this past week. He even follows me around while I clean her corral. I am not usually a sucker. I think through things and try not to make hasty decisions.
My plan is to get a dog that will work cattle with me. But that would have to be after Luke starts school, so I have time to work with them. (See there is the planner in me!)
I didn't even consider taking him home until a couple of days ago when he didn't seem to be leaving the stables. So I thought about it (sucker) and the children helped the process by pleading with me every time we went out there.
"Mama, he needs a home!
We can't just leave him here!
He is lonely Mama, look at him!
Can't we just take him home with us?
He needs a family!"
I now understand what I put my folks through. I brought home so many stray animals and my folks were so gracious with them. I just rolled my eyes as I put the dog in the van tonight. He has adapted well with Bentley, does good with the children, and is a cute little dog. We will see if he sticks around.
If he does, we will need a name for him!
That ought to be interesting!
Bentley seems to enjoy a buddy!
We'll see..........

No comments: