Tuesday, September 8, 2009

School Days

Remember when we were young and we had to cover our school books with paper grocery bags? We didn’t know anything other than this. We thought it was cool to decorate our books with our own personalities. Now that I have one in school who has to cover her books, I was saddened to see that they have minimized this once “individual” statement of book covers to a “cookie cutter” slipcovers.
Well, one night Abigail had to have a book covered or see would get in trouble at school. I told her that we can make one. I wasn’t going out to buy a book cover. She was not happy about that, she wanted a book cover “like everyone else”. Are you hearing the drama? Sorry you missed it!
I goggled “paper bag book covers”, and came up with this site. As we made her book cover, I shared with her how I used to decorate my books and she got excited. She had so much fun doing her own designs. I was tickled to see her creativity come alive on her science book.


My heart melted when I read the corner of her book cover ~
“made by the best Mama in the world”.
I will take it!

1 comment:

KDC said...

At least you didn't give her the obituaries to cover her book :)...nice of you to save them for me.