Friday, September 4, 2009

My New Pearl

I wasn’t really looking for a new horse, regardless of what my past posts stated about Baby Girl. She and I had come to terms with things and were fine. BUT my buddy Benny had found a pair of horses he felt we needed to look at that might be “too good to pass up”. So off to Glenville we go looking & riding horses the next morning. We took the trailer to make us look like we were serious (a bargaining technique). After an hour or so of riding and I had ridden both horses, I knew the one for me ~ Pearl. She is a “quarter” horse that stands a little over 15 hands high and 8 years old. She has such a sweet disposition, which I am not used to. Sorry Baby Girl if those last words stung. I wanted a horse that would be good with my family, use to the mountains, use to working cattle, and preferably younger than my first horse. That was a tall order to fill, to which Pearl met. So Benny & I left there with a full trailer and empty wallets. I took Pearl & he ended up getting Lacy (the other horse). He claims that it is my fault he is “horse poor” but it really isn’t. No one made him buy another horse, but he is happy with his purchase.
If you ask me…..I got the “Pearl” of the pair! :)
Here are some pictures of my new mare & my lil’ cowpokes:

No comments: