Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lived In

"Lived in" is what I call my home. It never looks like the pages of Pottery Barn, to which I have come to terms with. I daily remind myself that the laundry, meals, music, & noise are the evidence of a healthy family living in this home. I am thankful for it all, some days more than others. I did want to show you why I don't bother with some things right now in this season of life. There is a certain time of day in the morning, before children rise from their slumber, which you are able to see how "lived in" this home is. The sun comes through our front door to reveal how loved this door is.
See picture below:

I had seen enough. I cleaned this window until it shined! I was so excited with this feat that I had to capture it with pictures. Not to mention I didn't know when I would clean that window again. I loved walking by that window all morning and smiled.

THEN my wonderful son woke up. As he walked out of his room and looked around to greet the morning he turned his attention to my freshly cleaned door. "NO!" my mind screamed, as I headed for him ~ too late! He had looked at the door, then went up and licked his hands to rub all over my clean door. Now it looked like what it should ~ to Luke. (See picture #1)
There you have it! This is why my house is "lived in" and why I don't bother with some things!
It just isn't worth it!