Saturday, November 21, 2009

Flood of His Love

Matthew 25:35-36, 40
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, 40 ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
  • Flood provides services designed to meet the physical, relational and spiritual needs of the homeless, sober living home residents, motel dwellers and those entrenched in generational poverty within inner-city Bakersfield.
  • The ministry is dedicated to spreading the Good News and Love of Jesus Christ through worship, Bible instruction, fellowship and volunteerism. Flood meets individual physical needs, strives to build personal relationships with all who attend, and provides a vehicle for Bakersfield churches to serve, with the purpose of improving life circumstances in order to promote self worth and greater self sufficiency.
Heaven won't have empty bellies, jobless families, or hurting hearts. When we love & care for others, we have an opportunity to be His hands & feet until we get there. The smiling faces of those who receive a new pair of shoes, the tears of those who receive a warm embrace, the child who is played with while the worries of life disappear for the moment, these are precious to Jesus because He loves them. We want to be about our Father's work here on earth and people are priceless to Him.

Spread His love and flood our streets & towns with His love!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I am so glad you have had the privilege of serving in this way! I love you! Thank you for loving the people the Lord created!