Friday, November 27, 2009

Shoot 'em Up


The Abshire Clan ~ Armed & Dangerous!!!

There has been a tradition start on the Friday after Thanksgiving, skeet shooting at Joyner Ranch! There are a ton of people who come out for great food, lots of visiting, and shooting until 1)we run out of clay pigeons, or 2) we run out of daylight! This year we ran out of daylight, too bad!
The children always find new ways to have fun in the country. This year they decided to climb the hill at the ranch. Keri was quite the sport in going with them. I have to be honest, I did not think they would make it. It was one of those times that it was nice to say, "Oh, I don't think Brother can do that! Shucks ~ I guess I have to stay here and look after Luke." Keri, you're the best!
Here they are at the beginning of the trek.
They look like ants on a hill.
Wow ~ I am impressed! They made it to the top! I love this photo.
Luke found his own form of entertainment while the girls were conquering their hill.
A boy & his tractors!
Later that day Hopie got her first shooting lesson. I don't know how I feel about that yet. I want her to be gun safe but I know how that little brain of hers works ~ yikes! I do know her Papa is VERY retentive in gun safety, so she is in good hands. She did have fun, and was a good shot.
The one surprise of the day was who the best shot was. Our buddy Rob was one of the best shots out there. Aaron & Mike bought him his gun a couple of years ago and look at him go! Congrats Rob! Your kids at school should know you are such a good shot!
We all had a fabulous day together.

No comments: