Sunday, November 8, 2009

True Beauty ~ Horseback

This weekend I was able to visit Long Meadow one last time before winter. It was a beautiful weekend. We were gathering the last of the cattle. We had to find those critters in those mountains. What a beautiful time of year. All the trees were changing color and the air was crisp. Saturday was filled with a day of riding through some beautiful country looking for cows. We didn't find any that day but saw a lot of beauty. I never have my camera, which I often regret. I need to get a small camera that can fit in my vest. Sunday I got to go down the chute by myself. It was a great experience for both me & my mare. She is horse-sour, meaning she doesn't like to be alone. I had never ridden like that alone and was excited to be able to do so. We both did alright. We both have work to do but I couldn't have asked for a better partner. Pearl is fabulous. I look forward to many years and trails ahead of us!
I had a wonderful time with the Lord, my mare, & my friends. Even with all the beauty, my heart is never far from home. Aaron's favorite song for us is "My Front Porch Lookin' In". I understand that so much. My favorite view is from my front porch looking into our home. There is nothing to compare with when those you adore come running to you when you get home and grab your legs. They are so excited, and so am I, to see them, grab them into my arms, and hear their stories. It makes my heart swell at the recollection. I can't imagine what it will be like to run into my Abba's arms or grab His legs and tell Him how happy I am to be with Him. I can't wait! :)



Fall Colors in Sequoia National Park

1 comment:

Shiloh Guy said...

Hi Abshires! Don't know who stopped by my blog this morning but I just wanted to say thanks. I didn't know you have a blog too. I'll be sure to stop in and see what you guys are doing. Thanks so much for your encouragement and prayers and friendship!