Saturday, December 26, 2009

Elizabeth's Birthday

Having a birthday the day after Christmas can stink. You are tired, it has been crazy. You probably have traveled Christmas day and are pooped. You are maybe even a little tired of "celebrating". You just want to rest and figure out how all these new things work that you got for Christmas. So, yeah, it can be a stinky day to have a birthday. How do I know this.......my birthday lands on the day after Christmas. It causes problems for my family who "just saw me yesterday". I use to get gifts or cakes decorated with poinsettias. Heck, I went 18 monthes without a birthday one time. We decided to have my birthday in June instead on December. I had to call everybody on June 26 and nobody remembered. I give up!
Then I got married.............
My man understood my birthday and has always made it special. I get my favorite breakfast and the royal treatment for my birthday. This year though my man did GOOD! He surprised me with a Kindle, which is a fabulous gift if you are a reader. It goes perfectly with my Slanket that I absolutely love! I personally choose to wear my Slanket like an oversized robe ~ wrapped around me and all the way over my feet to keep them warm! (Because having cold feet is just wrong!) I love my Kindle & my Slanket! He did good.
Then as if that weren't enough, he took me skeet shooting at his Mom's. He borrowed a 20 guage to see if I would like it better than our 12 guage. I had a blast. I found I liked the 20 guage better and wasn't near as sore the next day. I was a regualr Annie Oakley that day. Well maybe not really, but I had a lot of fun! I got to see this sight ~ which I could handle EVERY day!

Baby Girl (in the middle) is retiring out at the ranch.

Baby Girl and I have had some fabulous rides together.

I got to spend the day with my wonderful family!

And do one of my favorite things....shoot skeet with my man!
Okay, I know I am not in the photos but
someone had to capture the day!

I loved this picture at the end of the day!
The other favorite thing about my birthday is looking forward to "Birthday Dinner". Rob's birthday is the 30th so we always head to dinner in between our birthdays to celebrate. I love this dinner out with our best friends. I look forward to it all year. Keri got her buddy a gift card for her new Kindle - she is the best! Happy times!

No comments: