Thursday, July 21, 2011

Work Ethic & Funny Conversations

Chores, they are a given around this Abshire home. This not a new concept. The girls have been putting their dishes away since they were little. Cleaning up dog poop…..who wanted the dogs?! Ya’ll agreed to the terms in – article 2B of the “Contractual Agreement of Children Caring for Live Animals”, prior to Mama agreeing to have animals!! I try not to remind them that in Mama’s perfect world they would be on a ranch with a TON of chores; so really, don’t complain. Well, we are doing chores yesterday and Hopie wasn’t happy about things. Here is a peek at life around here:
Mama: Hope, this is the third time I have had to ask you to clean up the poop.
Hope: I did.
Mama: Really Hope? Then why can I count three piles from where I am standing?
Note: We have three dogs now, but we won’t go there!!!
Hope: SIGH
Mama: Hope, when you have a job to do, you need to do it all the way & well. This is about work ethic, honey. Your boss isn’t gonna tell you three times. He’ll just fire you.
Note: I bite my tongue that I wouldn’t mind being fired some days!
Hope: Well, I am not getting a job.
Mama: Hope, how do you plan to pay for your home some day?
Hope: I am gonna live here forever!!!
Hoping my face doesn’t look as torqued as it feels!!! Yikes! As for now, we will be working on work ethic in a BIG way!!!!!

No comments: