Saturday, April 12, 2008

Joyner Ranch Branding

Today we had so much fun at a branding that Mom & Bill had. Their last name is Joyner, so it is called ~ Joyner Ranch. Bill has a registered brand for his cattle and held a fine branding. Benny, our cowboy with a sweet tooth, joined us to help. I (Liz) was excited as it was my first time to gather cattle. Although the cattle were already gathered together there wasn't much of a challenge! The experience was still great. But we did have to ride the fence line of 80+ acres to check for holes in the fence or needed repairs. That was fun! We were in the foothills versus the orchards we are use to riding in. I am totally addicted now. Baby Girl, my horse (that Bill gave me), did fabulous today. I was so proud of her.
The children had a blast driving Grandma's golfcart (hence no pictures of them) and playing in the dirt. It was a great day with food, fun, & family.

Luke having a blast in the dirt.

Benny, our buddy, came to help us.

Let me introduce you to Baby Girl. She is having fun in the arena.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Well, I have to say that you are having a splendid time! What a neat experience for all of you. Your horse looks great, and next time maybe you can get a picture taken of you on it, I would love to see that. Miss you all!