Thursday, March 26, 2009

Love At First Spur

I had to show off my new pair of spurs. They are gorgeous! Benny brought these back to me from his recent trip to Oklahoma. I was in awe of them as I inspected them and then I turned them to check out the “emblem”. When I discovered it was a cross I was filled with emotion. My buddy went looking for a pair of spurs, for his partner, and made sure that they properly represented her. I love My Savior, Jesus, more than anything else, and my buddy knows this. I was so touched by this incredible gift. I proudly displayed them Sunday at a branding. Benny was tickled I was still wearing them, hours later, as we put our horses away.

Hebrews 10:24
Let us consider how to spur one another to love and good deeds

3 comments:

KDC said...

They are beautiful!

Karen said...

Liz I love you new spurs. They are so you. What a very thoughtful friend you have. Miss you!

Steve and Jenn said...

What a treasure (both in gift and friend!) :)