Tuesday, October 6, 2009

CBS - Community Bible Study

One thing I love about my fall schedule is getting back to CBS after the summer break. I miss it during the summer but love the break. This year Aaron & Abigail have joined CBS too. Aaron attends Monday night with Rob, at a small group. Abigail is doing the home study with Mama at home and enjoying being in His word. I have been out of leadership at CBS for a few years but have loved being back with the ladies that lead this Bible study. Here is a picture of most of the leaders in our aprons that our director made us this summer.

This year I took on the position as the Primary/Junior age Children's CBS. I teach the home schooled children the same lesson their moms are doing but at their level. I have loved it. I have a great group of children who faithfully do their lessons and come ready to learn. I love doing the object lessons, crafts, & snacks to match the lessons. We are studying Genesis this year. The children have loved some of the snacks we have made. When we did creation we made dirt out of pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms ~ they loved it. We also had fun studying the tower of Babel. For snack we made towers out of marshmallows & frosting. *Note - I served snack last ~ I didn't want to deal with children on a "sugar high" & the crash! * Sorry Moms!

My children have had their own fun with the leftovers from class.

No comments: