Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Day in his Shoes

We have established that the Abshires are already in the poison control database, due to our excitement with Hopie. Well, in this post it is a wonder how I make it through a day with Luke Josiah! I wanted to share a day in the life with Luke. Mamas of young boys will shake their head in understanding the following account.
Luke is totally two right now! He doesn't talk, but trust me when I say he makes his needs & desires known. I spend the day juggling the many tasks & chores that mamas do during the day, then add the wave of mess of a toddler to boot. I am walking through the house, talking to Aaron on the phone, when I pass by the girl's bedroom. I notice that a toy is flying in the air a little higher than it should be for Luke's size. I decide to check out what he is doing. I walk in on him standing in the middle of the top bunk of the girl's bed, throwing animals across the room and into the ceiling fan that is on! He climbed up the side of the bed, because I took the ladder to the bed down weeks ago to prevent him from climbing up to the top bunk.
Okay, Luke is down on the ground safely and the bed is blocked. I head upstairs to make my bed and hear something fall down outside the back door. I come down to find Luke holding his finger saying, "oooouuuuwwwwweeeeeee". He is giving me his finger to kiss. So I kiss his finger and ask him what he did. He takes me to the steps out back where my little man has stuck a set of keys into an outlet! Praise God, he blew the circuit. Ouwee! Ya' think partner! Ya just stuck a a set of keys in a 110 outlet. I am glad you can say ouwee! My feeler was stuck for a little while after that one. Needless to say, keys were put up HIGHER after that incident. He had used a chair to retrieve this set. He is a resourceful little critter!
So I bring him inside where things are safer. Within 5 minutes of being inside my little man has striped down to his birthday suit and dumped every toy basket in his room. He is so proud of himself. I just shake my head and decide to go get the camera. What can you do? I snap a picture of my son in all his glory.

Finally after my feeler has come down from the "electrician" escapade, I hear Luke callin' "Mama!" It is the mama that says "come see what I am doing". You know the tone! I head to his room quickly to find him in my saddle that is next to his "big boy" bed. He has figured how to get from the bed into the saddle. He was so proud he decided to show me how he did it. He stood on the edge of his bed and threw his chest on the seat of the saddle. Then he swung his leg over the saddle and pulled himself - upright!
I confess, I was impressed!
Go Luke Frost!
Keep in mind, this was ALL in one day! It is a wonder how mamas make it through some days. I wonder will Luke make it to his third birthday! He is killin' me! Boys are busy! I do love my little guy. He brings me the biggest smiles and cracks me up daily. He keeps me on my toes and is the reason I take a daily multi-vitamin!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I can't tell you how much I relate! Nathan is constantly getting up on the boys bunk beds jumping up and down, climbing in my droors with all the sippy cups and plates, on the counter in the bathroon playing in in sink....with the hot water running saying, "oowwee!" too. I just don't know how much longer I can do this anymore. I am taking moment by moment and day by day. thank you for sharing that I'm not the only one going through this alone. Love ya! Sara