Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mama is tired but what a fabulous day I had today. My girls have been so excited for Mother's for a couple of weeks. They have had me excited for this special day! Abbie has been plumb giddy the past week and today I understood why. The day started bright and early with the girls jumping into bed and wishing me Happy Mother's Day. Okay, truth be known, Papa wished me Happy Mother's Day before anyone else did, but lets not steal the girls joy. After lots of hugs & kisses they couldn't wait any longer, Mama open your gifts! So I open the sweetest card with hand prints of my Kayanna Hope along with several cards she has made me. She also made me the best scarf with her, Abbie, & Luke's hand prints on it. I will never forget those sweet little hands that have held tight to mine. Abbie was so excited for me to open her gift. She made me a great hot-pot-holder ever, colored by herself! Also, she has spent several recesses over the past two weeks making me an incredible horse blanket. She knotted this blanket with an eye for detail. I was blown away at this gift. How very thoughtful my babies were for Mother's Day. Papa then fixed me an egg in a bird's nest for breakfast (my favorite). I truly felt the Queen of my home for a day! I will treasure these moments in my heart.
You will notice a box of candy to the right. This was the funniest gift I have received in a long time. Our family friend, Bob, has asked me several times what stay-at-home moms do all day long. He really can't figure out what they do all day. I have told him that, "We lie on the couch, watch TV, and eat bon-bons!" It has been the source of many jokes, especially with my girlfriend Keri & me. He has caught us numerous times visiting with each other. We are either dropping children off or rounding them up or rocking on my front porch watching them play in the yard. He has made it a point to ask us where the bon-bons are. So he made the best laugh out of special ordering Keri & I each a box of bon-bons from See's Candy Store. I laughed so hard when he delivered these. He has left me NO excuses. You will find me lying on the couch, watching TV, and eating bon-bons! Bob, is the best! I love a good laugh! I had a delightful Mother's Day and am ready for bed & a book
but NO bon-bons!

1 comment:

Rebecca Gafner said...

HEY! I didn't know you blogged! How fun!! Sorry I haven't responded to your facebook...I hardly ever get on and when I do, its super quick and I end up forgetting...sorry. So good to hear from you though! Hope you and your beautiful family is doing good. Now we get to keep up on each other :0) Give all those kids hugs and kisses. Love to you.