Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random Mayness

There were a couple things I don't want to forget, so since my blog serves as an electronic scrapbook, I want to record these memories. These are random but yet important to me. My poor brain forgets so many things that I think, "I won't ever forget that!" Silly woman, I know, hence the blog!

  • Abbie loves to read. I love watching Abbie read! Probably because I am a reader and find such enjoyment in reading. I hoped my children would enjoy it too. So I caught this picture of her that I thought I'd keep in my mind's eye, but we have already established that that is not a reliable source for me. So here is Abbie reading a difficult but true story to our wonderful dog Bentley.

  • Luke loves to be read too. My girlfriend got him these great Little Einstein books that he loves to flip up the tabs. I caught him in my chair reading them today WITHOUT me! Silly boy! But faithful Bentley shows up for all the good stories.
  • More May Randomness, some friends of our traveled up north to celebrate their anniversary. When my girlfriend came home, she came bearing gifts. We had watched their puppy, Cupcake. This koala made of sourdough was one of the thoughtful and yummy gifts. I never thought a koala could taste so good. I have had parts of this bear the past several days for breakfast, with the best freezer jam I ever made! :)
  • Today I worried my poor husband as I came down our bedroom stairs behind him. I was holding on to the banister and going very slowly. He turned and asked if I was okay. I said I would be if my calves would work! On Monday our aerobic teacher decided to change up things! Ouch! My body has been sore this week. I beleive the "burpies" put my calves over the edge. I have been moving better once the blood & coffee started flowing. I won't complain about the workouts since I am comsuming that great tasting koala bear.
  • BUT it was what my friend shared with me after exercise that just blessed me. She was so excited about all that God was showing & teaching her. I really thought she might burst as she shared things with me. She is experiencing God's grace & love like she never has. She has been "set free" to live in this scandalous freedom that Jesus has given us. John 8:32 - "you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." It was fabulous to listen to her. I know what she is talking about! I have been there. Once you have been set free, you will never want to go back. As we were parting ways I told her, "You look great in freedom!" Thank you Jesus ~ You are so gracious! I pray He continues to workout this thing inside me though it may hurt. I want only Him.

1 comment:

Steve and Jenn said...

Yeah, bursting is a great way to say what I feel after only 4 hours in the presence of the Lord, I can't imagine what Moses felt like when he came down off the mountain of God! Well, we know that his glowing face pretty much freaked everyone out, so I won't be put off by anyone who has not yet had that sort of experience, but won't let it stop me from testifying either!