Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dot Dot

I love to laugh at myself. I am glad I do,
because I give myself plenty of opportunities for such laughter!
Today's outburst of laughter was contributed to my
"dot dot" moment.
I was trying to type something up with my girlfriend/better part of my brain, when I suggested we put a "dot dot" there. My sweet & gracious girlfriend never missed a beat, we kept right on working. Then my "dot dot" comment caught up with my brain. There is a lag time, that I wish wasn't present, but work with whatcha got! So the laughter starts....dot dot.....that would be a colon! Oh my!
:
The colon (:) is a punctuation mark consisting of
two equally sized dots (dot dot)
centered on the same vertical line.
I've always thought that a big laugh is a really loud noise
from the soul saying, "Ain't that the truth." ~Quincy Jones
Go have a "dot dot" moment for yourself!

2 comments:

KDC said...

I love them vertical dot dots, but my favorite way to punctuate these days is with a horizontal dot dot dot...

The Abshires said...

;)