Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pioneer Woman Wanna Be

I am totally addicted to the Pioneer Woman's website. It could be that she is livin' a life I would LOVE to live, or maybe it is the kitchen she has to create killer recipes, or maybe it is because she gets to live in wide open spaces with country & cattle surrounding her, or maybe seeing her whole family horse back together working cattle, or that her man gets to work in wranglers everyday! Heck, just pick a reason, it doesn't matter. She is the reason I have to repent of coveting on a regular basis! Anytime I need to cook something now, I consult Pioneer Woman to see if she has done it, before I look anywhere else. I consult her first because, I know she has tried & perfected what she puts on her website. Secondly, she makes it "idiot-proof" with pictures. There is nothin' like someone holdin' your hand through a new recipe. Her photos offer a sense of security through uncharted recipes! Which brings me to the most fabulous cinnamon rolls ever.....according to me. My girlfriend needed cinnamon rolls for the teachers & parents for the first day of school. I knew exactly what to do, Pioneer Woman here I come. As I cooked I got so engrossed in my imitation of her that I even had to take pictures (on my point & shoot camera). She would've been proud! They say imitation is a form of flattery, so there you have it!
I am a Pioneer Woman Wanna Be!
I wonder if they have a support group for this addiction!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

HI Pioneer Woman--you are the real deal! Charlotte and I ran across the same site and went out and bought her cookbook. We have tried a number of recipes! It has been so much fun! Your rolls look great!!!

I have Fridays open this fall. Shall we plan a date???