Sunday, August 1, 2010

Headed to Long Meadow

Long Meadow is one of the highlights of my summer. Out of the city, the smell of pine, Pearl, cowboy buddies, cattle, & lots of stars! The trip this weekend had a little excitement to it. On Sunday morning Ben & I set out to mend the fence around Long Meadow. It took us all morning. I had a blast learning how to mend fences. I think I was looking for places to mend just so I could do it! So it was noon before we headed back to the cabin. Ben wasn't feelin' too hot & needed something to eat. We had been talking about the rattle snakes that were in the area when what do I hear.........Yep, a stinkin' rattle snake! My first encounter I'll have you know! Ben doesn’t hear it right away; I am looking for it, & flippin’ out on the inside. Ben is determined to smack it with his rope! This is the same light-headed, dizzy, can’t hear the snake cowboy, which wants to get close enough to smack it with his rope! Are you stinkin’ serious?! I want out of there. At this time it is only Ben & I at the cabin, so if he gets bit I have no help to run for. I am feelin’ quiet inadequate in my snake bite first aid! So I am yellin’ at Ben to get away, but noooo he is gonna kill that critter. Lo and behold, Ben smacks that rattle snake and breaks its back. He steps on its head and cuts it off before I can yell, “Boy Howdy!”
Ben is my hero!


Long Meadow

Does anyone else see an old indian hot tub in this picture?! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: