Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I did not just say that!

The Abshire home was having a tough day. Things were falling apart, children were falling apart, the house was falling apart, and homework time was falling apart. It just kept spiraling downhill. Mama tried to fix everything as it was coming at her, as this is her nature. For anyone who knows our Hopie, she can be very emotional. Upon being sassy to her Mama she was sent to her room until Mama could settle other things down and go talk to her. Abbie, meanwhile, is asking for food, dancing in the kitchen, whining for help with homework, and can't find a pencil, all at the same time. All the while, Luke is perched on Mama's hip taking it all in and whining for something too (but his excuse is he can't talk, so figure it out Mama). Hopie is trying to be patient for our talk and catches me at the wrong moment. She comes out of her room handing me Jesus and says "you need Jesus Mama"(see this post). In all the chaos, I take Jesus that she is handing me, which I took as an excuse to leave her room, and state, "that I don't need Jesus", referring to the statue that she is handing me. WHOA, that stopped Mama in her tracks, Hopie falls to even worse pieces because of how precious her statue is to her, and Mama falls to pieces because what just came out of her mouth is the farthest thing from the truth. Mama looked at Hopie and told her that yes, I did need Jesus. We all take a moment in an "Abshire huddle" and acknowledge our deep need for Jesus and forgiveness from one another. After many hugs and kisses and thank yous and love yous we regrouped by His grace. I was so thankful for Jesus gettin' in the middle of all this. The statue of Jesus sits in my kitchen now to keep an eye on me :), and remind me of my great need for Him in all things!

2 comments:

Steve and Jenn said...

Glad that Jesus was able to resume being the focus of our lives!

Karen said...

Oh Liz, I can just imagine the whole thing. Bless you all for your love for Jesus Christ.