Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pizza Night

Friday nights are usually pizza night around here, but this week it was tonight. We have started a tradition of making our own pizzas and are having a blast. It took a few weeks to come to agreements on crusts & sauces, but we are liking what we are coming up with. The crust we have settled on is DELICIOUS. It can be found at this link ~ Jay's Signature Pizza Crust. I figure if 1,600 people can give it 4.5 stars it has got to be good, and it is.

All of us pitch in with pizza night. Abbie enjoys kneading the dough. Hopie enjoys checking up on the dough and making sure it is rising. The occasional finger imprint lets me know she is doing her job. Mama rolls out the crusts and finds fun new recipes. Papa goes back to Sal's Pizza days and makes the pizzas.

As we have gotten settled in our tradition we are starting to branch out and experiment. So tonight we made our standard pizza plus a gourmet pizza. I found it on Allrecipes. It was pear and Gorgonzola cheese pizza. OH MY!!!!! It was fabulous, or what we call a "keeper" recipe.

I don't know how far we will take these pizzas adventures but stay tuned and we will keep you posted! For now ~ bon appetit!

2 comments:

KDC said...

No more Pizza Hut for us. I know who we'll be calling for delivery next time we have a pizza night (as long as you send that hot pizza delivery boy)

Karen said...

Wow, you are adventurous! I am afraid that if I served that my troops would throw me out of the kitchen. Being the experts you and Aaron are at making pizza, I am sure it was great!