Saturday, January 31, 2009

Rise & Shine & Give God the Glory, Glory

As I laid in bed this morning watching the sun rise, I was thinking of my buddies who were gathering cattle this weekend. Trying not to be too upset that I wasn't with them. I was thinking of what they were doing right about then, which was probably heading down the trail to find some cattle. Then I was brought back home to some familiar noises coming from the kitchen below us. It consisted of some dishes bumping around, then some out bursts of laughter, followed by "sssssshhhhhhhh"! I knew the code. I was to stay in bed until summoned. I laid there with a smile on my face just picturing two little girls trying to figure out pancake mix. There came the occasional question of measurements, which a yell downstairs would do. I did have to intervene when they came upstairs to ask what number they turn the stove on to cook pancakes. :) Alright, Mama will help from here! When I hit a wall of protest, I gently reminded them of the time Mama's robe caught on fire while she was in it! That quickly ended all arguments. We dined on a lovely breakfast of pancakes with chocolate chips. It was fabulous!

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a beautiful girl, and I am not at all jealous that she is wearing a tank top...You have a blessing in your girls!