Friday, January 2, 2009

The Word

It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how many times I have read a passage that the Holy Spirit is ever faithful to teach this heart of mine. I recently started my Bible in a year reading and always look forward to Genesis. I was surprised at the things that the Spirit brought to me this morning. I have read through the creation story a number of times and it struck me just today that after each day of creation "God saw that it was good" yet after creating us "it was very good". That very had been all the other times but for some reason it struck my heart
in such a sweet way this time.
~ Elohim, thank you for creating me and seeing it as very good.
It also struck me that in Genesis 2:25 that the man & his wife were both naked and were not ashamed. It may sound crazy to you but I wanted that! I want to be able to stand naked in spirit before my God and be unashamed. I want to know & feel that I can stand, sit, sing, praise, or play before God. That He can see me exactly how I am (the mess and all), and I be unashamed in His presence. What an amazing place to be. I know it in my head, it is the 12 inch drop that likes to fool me into believing otherwise. I am His and He is my Abba ~ may I live naked in spirit and unashamed before you Abba.

No comments: